Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Big Wine


Wine and Pears
36 x 24 Acrylic

You know I love me some Leslie and Dreama, but I truly am at a loss as to how to paint the 6 x 6 canvases, although they seem to do it effortlessly.   I've tried.  I'm not bad at a pear or coffee cup, but I just love to get a humongous canvas in front of me and start moving some paint around.  That's what I did on this big ole wine painting.  For me, it is so much fun to paint big.  I think I know some of the disadvantages because when you have a "wiper" of this size - it is a considerable amount of wasted paint, which for me is not cheap.  And believe me - I've had plenty of "wipers" - even this size!  On the other hand, painting big is so liberating.   For me it kind of expresses how I see living life - living large!  I had this friend years ago who really and truly lived life large.  She was large; her voice was large; her hair was large; her laugh was large; her make-up was large. . . well, you get the point.  And that was her saying.  I'm having a large time!  She was such a hoot!  So this is to living large.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this painting, Lisa! If painting on a larger canvas fits you better, then do it! I am with you... live large everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful painting and that is what art is all about...paint what you love and love what you paint!

    ReplyDelete