Thursday, October 18, 2012

Overdue

Cypress Lagoon
30 x 40 acrylic
sold

Yet another long overdue post by moi.   Since my last post that I see I did after my July show at St. Simons, Georgia - I have been back to Georgia twice - in September to the Shrimp & Grits Festival on Jekyll Island and then back to St. Simons this past weekend.  I have been having a blast.  These island locations are just gorgeous and have been very good to me.  The above painting was one of the ones I sold at Jekyll Island.  I cannot imagine anything more encouraging and flattering to an artist, than to have a collector agonize over not whether or not to buy, but which one to buy!  (Not that I take any joy in seeing anyone agonize over anything!)  This painting was hot off the easel, and I was tickled to death that she  decided on this one.  My friend, the fabulous artist, Jane Slivka, first introduced me to painting cypresses and just lately I started in on them once again - but on much larger canvas.  Florida is full of cypress swamps, lagoons and cypress lined creeks and rivers, so there is no shortage of material in my own back yard. . . literally.

I have this coming weekend off, then I have five shows in a row.  If I survive, I'll try to let you know how they go!  And I would sure love it if you happened to make it to one or more of them.  The shows are listed on my facebook page (Lisa Whitener Art) and on my website at www.lisawhitenerart.com.   Thank you as always for your interest and support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment